[ipxe-devel] UEFI Boot ISO

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Thu Jan 19 14:42:26 UTC 2017

Dean Westhead <dean at westhead.net> on Thu, 2017/01/19 14:37:
> Thanks Christian .... not sure how I missed that in your first post !
>
> Had to install an additional package to the machine too but after doing
> this commit, I can now create a bootable EFI ISO ! It even loads my
> embedded script and connects etc.

Great!

> The last problem I am having is not strictly to do with iPXE so not sure if
> you can advise ....
>
> On a normal BIOS boot machine, the ISO connects to the network and loads
> pxelinux.0 as a kernel, That in turn loads pxelinux.cfg/default etc.
>
> I realise that we cant use the pxelinux.0 when booting iPXE in UEFI mode,
> so I have also on the tftp server got the grub2.efi binary which I have
> created using the grub2-mkstandalone command.
>
> Again the iPXE UEFI boot ISO connects and loads the grub2 binary and drops
> me to the grub2 command prompt. That is my problem ..... for the life of me
> I cant get grub2 to load a default menu no matter where I put it on the
> tftp server !
>
> Can you offer any advice ?

Is there a reason you want to load another boot loader? iPXE can show a menu
as well. And the extra bonus, which reduces boot latency a lot: iPXE can load
files from http, you do not rely on tftp.
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)