[ipxe-devel] IPXE compilation for arm64 & wiki

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Fri Apr 28 07:11:56 UTC 2017

On 24.04.2017 19.49, Geert Stappers wrote:

>>> I want to add that to http://ipxe.org/download
>> Also: the core documentation pages (e.g. http://ipxe.org/download)
>> are deliberately kept as simple as possible.  Building ARM64
>> binaries is (for now) a relatively obscure special case, and I think
>> it's probably best on balance not to clutter up the main pages with
>> information that will be irrelevant to most users.
>
> What would a proper place for documenting building?
> What would a proper place for documenting building another architecture?
>
> Indeed, none of them would expected to be "download" ...

How about ipxe.org/build, ipxe.org/building or ipxe.org/compiling?

That one could be more extensive and be linked from the /download page.
Then the download page could actually just explain how to download
either pre-build binaries or source code. From an SEO perspective that
would probably be better page titles too.

-- Robin