[ipxe-devel] IPXE compilation for arm64 & wiki

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Mon Apr 24 10:26:29 UTC 2017

On 23/04/17 20:27, Geert Stappers wrote:
>> The default "make" will attempt to build the standard i386 BIOS
>> targets, which won't work with the arm64 version of gcc.  You need
>> to choose a suitable arm64 UEFI target, e.g.
>>
>>   make bin-arm64-efi/8086100e.efi
>
> I want to add that to http://ipxe.org/download
> I have logged in to the wiki, but I don't see an "edit" button.

What's your wiki username?  Due to far too much spam, users now have to
be manually approved before being able to edit.

Also: the core documentation pages (e.g. http://ipxe.org/download) are
deliberately kept as simple as possible.  Building ARM64 binaries is
(for now) a relatively obscure special case, and I think it's probably
best on balance not to clutter up the main pages with information that
will be irrelevant to most users.