[ipxe-devel] SANBOOT/SANHOOK VMWARE Esxi 6.5 EFI

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Sun Apr 16 18:05:01 UTC 2017

The first error suggests that your UEFI firmware does not provide the EFI_ACPI_TABLE_PROTOCOL and so provides no way for iPXE to describe the iSCSI target.  You can work around this firmware problem by using --no-describe. Note that the booted OS will not be able to automatically locate the iSCSI target, since there will be no iBFT.

The second error is simply because you have attempted to hook two SAN targets using the same drive number.

Michael