[ipxe-devel] Debian installer preseed example not working

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 16:42:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

Check dmesg for output in regards to initrd - you are looking for
something about cpio corruption
The issue with efi is that "extra" files added as initrd does not get
any cpio header added to it in EFI (it is only done for the bzImage
images which is only available in legacy mode)

To work around this add the file to a cpio archive before loading it as initrd.

For reference see original comment from mcb30 at:
http://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid=7830
And for the same case as you: http://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid=8275

/Christian