[ipxe-devel] Official ipxe.efi fails to chain the 1st time into boot.salstar.sk

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 20:36:20 UTC 2016

tcpdump -i br0 src 192.168.1.16 -w tcpdump-w.test2.pcap
Only captures packets from 192.168.1.16, not the packets that comes in
return.
instead try
tcpdump -i br0 host 192.168.1.16 -w tcpdump-w.test2.pcap

the error url http://ipxe.org/err/4c0a60 tells us there is a connection
issue, possibly routing or firewall.

Would be interesting to know if
chain http://boot.salstar.sk/ipxe/ipxe.efi || chain
http://boot.salstar.sk/ipxe/ipxe.efi
works, it will do the same thing but directly after each other.
You might also want to try and see if you can recreate this issue with a
browser on the same network. And also doing a tracert/traceroute at the
same time to boot.salstar.sk to see if it gives differing results between
working and non working. (or if it differs when being run several times
after each other)