[ipxe-devel] I have a trouble booting iPXE from a specific laptop

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 00:10:40 UTC 2016

In the image it looks like you have BIOS doing PXE DHCP request, getting
response and loading some version of ipxe.
After that you should have another DHCP request but this time from iPXE, is
this second dhcp request seen by the dhcp server?

The ipxe in the image is missing the "git version id" please make sure you
have the latest version of ipxe git master and that the git version id is
shown when booting.

One thing that might be interesting is if you press ctrl-b to get the iPXE
shell and then type dhcp enter followed by ifstat to get some info about
nic driver and how it looks in regards to packets received and sent and any
possible error.

You are using ipxe.pxe? have you tried undionly.kpxe instead?

/Christian