[ipxe-devel] ipxe installation error

binoy deka binoy0767 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:49:19 UTC 2016

Hi ,

I have been trying to use ipxe to boot, install esxi on server. However
there is some or other error which I am facing. Please find the steps below
which I am following and let me know what's wrong that I am doing:

1. Open server, give the path for ipxe.iso which is downloaded in my local.
2. Reboot the server ilo
3. Starts booting, and in between the process prompts me to enter Ctrl+B to
goto ipxe menu
4. I pressed. Out of all NETs, net1 is open and active for me
5. I configured ip, netmask, gateway, dns respectively by "set net1/ip
x.x.x.x" command
6. typed dhcp
7. chain http://boot.ipxe.org/demo/boot.php, it throws connection timedout
8. I copied the boot.php to our project's http location and the timedout
issue is resolved
9. BUT, there is error related to "vmlinuz-3.16.0-rc4" which is part of
script.

Please let me know what is that I am doing wrong and how can this be
resolved

Thanks,
Binoy