[ipxe-devel] Windows loading issue

Ladi Prosek lprosek at redhat.com
Mon May 2 16:05:55 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Mohammad Oslani
<Mohammad at hugeserver.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are trying to load windows over ipxe and followed over this page :
> http://ipxe.org/wimboot
>
> However I am unable to get it loaded correctly, after everything is
> loaded and server boots up again I get always a blue scree. Do you
> maybe know how I can troubleshoot this and solve this issue?

In the absence of any more specific advice, the easiest way to debug
BSOD is to make Windows generate a crash dump file (usually
C:\Windows\memory.dmp) and analyze it using windbg. There are plenty
of articles about this online. This of course assumes that you can 1)
configure Windows to generate the file 2) copy the dump file to
another VM/computer or run windbg on the affected system. Does booting
into safe mode work?

Ladi