[ipxe-devel] SuperMicro SYS-1028U-TR+ with Intel X710-DR2 nic card

Hummel Frank F.Hummel at ads-tec.de
Thu Mar 31 07:05:16 UTC 2016

A MAC address of 00:00:00:00:00:00 or 88:88:88:88:88:88 on Intel indicates that the NICs config EEPROM might not be programmed at all.
This can lead to a wrong/not detected PCI ID and IRQ problems.
If the MAC remains @ 00:... you will get in trouble as soon as a second system using the same wrong MAC is running in your network.

mit freundlichen Grüßen
with kind regards

i. A. Dipl.Ing. (FH) Frank Hummel