[ipxe-devel] Booting diskless Ubuntu from iSCSI

Robert Nelson boardmaster357 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 09:18:11 UTC 2016

I am having the same issue installing Ubuntu 15.10 to a USB stick as
installing to iSCSI.
It seems that installing to a local hard drive works fine, but installing
to either iSCSI or even a local USB stick boots with the grub error:
error: attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0'

I was using a 20GB iSCSI partition and a 128GB usb.

Any ideas?

Thanks
--Robert Nelson