[ipxe-devel] Is there any way to make windows 7 diskless workstation based on iPXE+DHCP+TFTP+iSCSI support windows memory dump?

li.ping288 at zte.com.cn li.ping288 at zte.com.cn
Fri Mar 4 07:05:35 UTC 2016

Hi Guys,

I was building a windows 7 diskless workstation based on
iPXE+DHCP+TFTP+iSCSI.
But I found the windows 7 diskless workstation could not save the memory
dump file while windows crashed.

I checked on microsoft technet:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee619722(v=ws.10).aspx

it said "By default, a server that boots by using an iSCSI Boot network
adapter does not have the ability to generate memory dumps. If memory dump
creation is required, a driver must be obtained by the network adapter
manufacturer if you are using a network adapter that creates an iBFT, or
from the software vendor providing the iBFT via PXE solution."

I think the iBFT is created by iPXE in my case, so what kind of driver
does it need ?

Any suggestion is appreciated and thanks in advance.