[ipxe-devel] [ipxe] [efi] Remove 'hlt' instruction as it causes us to lose interrupts. (#45)

Jonathan Dieter notifications at github.com
Thu Mar 3 12:54:05 UTC 2016

I've found a workaround.  I've put the following in config/local/nap.h:

#undef          NAP_EFIX86
#define         NAP_NULL

It doesn't really fix the problem, but I suspect this is a buggy BIOS and there's not much we can do to get around it short of spinning at 100% CPU.  FWIW, it's an **MSI** Z77A-G45 Gaming motherboard with the latest BIOS.  I'm going to go ahead and close this one now.

---
https://github.com/ipxe/ipxe/pull/45#issuecomment-191750779