[ipxe-devel] iPXE Support For Intel 82599ES Card (Question)

Sten Spans sten at blinkenlights.nl
Fri Jun 10 13:29:35 UTC 2016

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016, Michael Brown wrote:

> On 08/06/16 20:08, Victor Salvacruz wrote:
>>   Is the 82599 NIC Card supported with iPXE? Is it supported to burn iPXE image into ROM for this card?
>
> Yes.

I've been validating systems with exactly this card recently.
We run a fairly regular tftp - ipxe - http bootserver environment.

The HP branded version of this card (HP Ethernet 560FLR-SFP+)
in a HP system works flawlessly - in bios/undi and UEFI/intelx modes.

However the quanta OCP mezzanine version (QN 10GbE 82599ES)
doesn't work, which is something I've asked Cloudian / Quanta to look
into.

Tested configs:
- bios / undi
- bios / intelx
- uefi / snp
- uefi / intelx

I've even tried to patch the undi broken irq thing,
but that didn't help either. Something is messed up there,
but for now I'm suspecting firmware/eprom settings.

--
Sten Spans

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."
Leonard Cohen - Anthem