[ipxe-devel] iPXE Support For Intel 82599ES Card (Question)

Matthew Helton mwhelton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 04:17:39 UTC 2016

Victor, yes it is. Whether or not is able to be burned into a ROM is kind
of a vendor-specific question. The 82599 card is a 10GbE chip; many of the
newer systems are UEFI, and I haven't really heard if UEFI-enabled ROMs are
possible or practical.

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Victor Salvacruz <vsalvacruz at cloudian.com>
wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> First and foremost, thank you for accommodating this question.
>
>  Is the 82599 NIC Card supported with iPXE? Is it supported to burn iPXE
> image into ROM for this card?
>
> http://ipxe.org/howto/romburning
>

> Thanks,
> Victor Salvacruz

There is never time enough to do it right, but there always seems to be
enough time to do it again.