[ipxe-devel] Issue when booting linux kernels when in UEFI mode

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Fri Jul 29 17:56:30 UTC 2016

<snip>

| Could you try temporarily reverting
|
|    http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/757ab98
|
| and see if that fixes your Dell systems?
|
| I have had several reports of that commit (which is required for ARM
| support) causing problems on some x86 systems.  Unfortunately I have not
| been able to reproduce the problem myself.
|
| Michael

Okay, so I did a git revert 757ab98 followed by a git commit -a -m "revert to 757ab98" and the compile fails with the error

interface/efi/efi_timer.c:100: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘<<’ token
interface/efi/efi_timer.c:149:19: error: invalid suffix "ab98..." on integer constant
make[1]: *** [bin/efi_timer.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/rcg/home/jpeltier/git-repos/ipxe/src'
make: *** [lkrn] Error 2

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group