[ipxe-devel] iMac 2007 silently fails booting kernel

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 10:13:21 UTC 2016

On 1/9/2016 05:08, Shao Miller wrote:
> On 1/8/2016 23:54, Linus Lüssing wrote:
>> What's the usual approach to procede from here? Should I open a
>> ticket on some bug tracker somewhere?
>>
>> Btw., booting GRML 14.11, 64bit, from a CD works fine.
>>

> A little while ago, I sent a response to one of your other messages.  I
> didn't read an acknowledgement, so perhaps you missed it.

Except that's not the case, because it was me who missed your response
to that one.  I'm sorry about that.

I had been reading about "iMac 2007" units and some of the material
indicated that people were stuck having 32-bit (U)EFI environments.

Your response regarding a 64-bit (U)EFI GRUB means that's not your
scenario, so my other messages are irrelevant.

--
Shao Miller
C. E. O.
E: sha0.ipxe at synthetel.com