[ipxe-devel] iMac 2007 silently fails booting kernel

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 10:08:54 UTC 2016

On 1/8/2016 23:54, Linus Lüssing wrote:
> What's the usual approach to procede from here? Should I open a
> ticket on some bug tracker somewhere?
>
> Btw., booting GRML 14.11, 64bit, from a CD works fine.

A little while ago, I sent a response to one of your other messages.  I
didn't read an acknowledgement, so perhaps you missed it.  There is a
hint in that note regarding your (U)EFI environment.

Booting from a CD isn't likely to invoke your (U)EFI, but is likely to
invoke the BIOS emulation mode, I think.

--
Shao Miller
C. E. O.
E: sha0.ipxe at synthetel.com