[ipxe-devel] PS2 and USB keyboards don't work with git master + EFI

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at lesbg.com
Fri Feb 26 21:26:38 UTC 2016

I'm netbooting an Asus Z77 motherboard using EFI, and it's able to load
snp.efi from the tftp server, boot it and get DHCP addresses, but
keyboard input doesn't work.

In menu mode, pressing a key three or four times in succession stops
the countdown, but does nothing else. In shell mode, there's no
indication that the keyboard is working at all.  And, even though I
think I've turned all the keyboard logging all the way up, there are no
debug logs from the keyboard.

My compile command currently is:
make
DEBUG=pc_kbd:15,config_usb:3,efi_usb:15,usbkbd:15,usbhub:15,usbhid:15,u
sbnet:3,usbio:15,usb:15,ehci:3,uhci:3,xhci:3 TRUST=local.lesbg.com-
ca.crt EMBED=pxeshell.ipxe bin-x86_64-efi/snp.efi

pxeshell.ipxe is:
#!ipxe
set syslog 10.10.1.7
set use-cached 1
dhcp
shell

The alternate one I use to access the menu is:
#!ipxe
set syslog 10.10.1.7
set use-cached 1
dhcp