[ipxe-devel] [RFC 0/3] Implement IPv6 source address selection

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Feb 19 21:58:23 UTC 2016

Am 19.02.2016 um 15:51 schrieb Michael Brown:
> On 13/02/16 00:15, Thomas Bächler wrote:

>>> Forgot to mention, the patches are also available at
>>>   https://github.com/brain0/ipxe/commits/ipv6_src_selection
>>
>> Ping? Can you please give some feedback on these patches?
>
> Much happier now that the per-transmit dynamic allocation has gone. They
> look generally sound.  I need to find time to reflow them to match the
> existing code style,

If there's anything I can help with, let me know. I did not find a
coding style document (maybe I did not look hard enough), so I just
tried my best to make it look similar to the rest.

> and I'd also like to see if there's a more compact
> way to represent the static data structures.

Although I did include the precedence field in the policy table for
completeness, it is not used here. It is only needed for destination
address selection and could be omitted. Source address selection only
uses the label.