[ipxe-devel] Broadcom BCM5718

Adam Lewis alewis422 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 19:59:54 UTC 2016

I've been working on integrating foreman (the upstream project to RHEL
Satellite 6) into our environment. We are using diskless machine that
sanboot to a storage array. We recently purchased a bunch of Allied Telesis
cards that have the Broadcom BCM5718 chip on them and we are having some
issues.

I'm chainloading ipxe.lkrn and it doesn't seem to like the fiber NIC at
all. As soon as iPXE initializes the device the link light goes out and
stays out. The switch reports not connected and I'm dead in the water. I've
enabled debugging and I'm seeing some errors, but I'm not sure which ones
are significant. Some examples are:

PCI 03:00.1 device not enabled by BIOS! Updating PCI command 0106->0107
PCI 03:00.1 latency timer is unreasonably low at 0. Setting to 32.

Any thoughts or places I could look for help?

Thanks!
Adam