[ipxe-devel] infinite loop in makefile

Walker, Scott walker91 at llnl.gov
Tue Aug 2 17:44:01 UTC 2016

Hello,

I was unable to use the precompiled binary of iPXE because control-B appears to be making it crash instead of going to the command line. I’ve been trying to compile the source from github (which is current as of today) but there is an infinite loop in the makefile.

The loop appears to be in the “deps_template_file” function. I left it running for 25 minutes but it keeps looping through and printing all of the "[DEPS]" output.

Here is the info for the machine I am using to compile iPXE.

make --version
GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This program built for x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu

uname -rvso
Linux 2.6.32-573.18.1.1chaos.ch5.4.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Feb 11 17:42:20 PST 2016 GNU/Linux

cpuinfo

model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz

thanks,
Scott Walker