[ipxe-devel] ipxe support for Mellanox 15b3:1003

Maule Mark mark_maule at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 00:57:31 UTC 2016

Well, no, I'm not sure since I'm pretty new to this.
What I want is an iPXE  based image that the dhcp server will serve.  I want this second stage iPXE to initiate a new dhcpdiscover using new dhcp header options, specifically the client id.  This is what I was trying to do in my other thread in this forum, but could never get anything that would actually pass the dhcp traffic.
So, am I building the wrong object?  I don't have the ability to reflash cards, so I don't  want a ROM image I assume.
Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Michael Brown<mcb30 at ipxe.org> wrote:   On 12/04/16 22:32, Maule Mark wrote:
> I've been trying to find an ipxe src base that supports Mellanox PCI
> vendor:device ID 15b3:1003.  Specifically, I'm trying to get a
> undionly,kpxe build for x86_64 that will support this device.

Are you sure that you mean this?  The undionly.kpxe binary contains only
the generic UNDI API driver: it specifically does not include any native
hardware drivers.