[ipxe-devel] custom dhcp client_id option

Owen Mann owen-javanet at rcn.com
Mon Apr 11 20:04:15 UTC 2016

Personally, I think this is a great idea for any interface type. I was pretty surprised when I figured out that the client-id field
was RO in iPXE, since putting the MAC there (in the ethernet case) is only an RFC suggestion, not a requirement. I did actually hack
this up myself, but since I'm C-deficient I only made the client-id be the GUID as RO instead of what I really wanted, which is to
leave it MAC by default but make it overwriteable by an iPXE script. (A build option might be satisfactory as well).