[ipxe-devel] Support for Solarflare 10Gb Cards

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Sun May 17 05:59:17 UTC 2015

On 15.05.2015 22:31, Daniel Browne wrote:
> Does iPXE support or plan to support 10Gb ethernet cards manufactured by
> Solarflare? Even from the latest code base I cannot seem to build a kpxe
> image that will boot properly off one of their cards. After loading the
> kpxe image, booting always halts with error code 040ee119 trying to
> initialize the network interface even though it succeeded in the initial
> stage since it is able to get the image in the first place.

According to http://ipxe.org/appnote/hardware_drivers you should be able
to use the etherfabric driver. If your PCI vendor/device ID is not
listed you can try to add a PCI_ROM() line to etherfabric.c and see if
it works. Try to build etherfabric.usb and boot it from a USB stick to
verify. Alternatively you can try to chainload it with etherfabtic.pxe.

If none of these work you should be able to drive it with undionly.kpxe
via chainloading (although that doesn't use the native etherfabric driver).

-- Robin