[ipxe-devel] howto use usb-keyboard support in undionly.kpxe images?

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Wed May 13 15:02:24 UTC 2015

On 12.05.2015 18:55, Oliver Rath wrote:
> Ive seen, that basic USB-support for keyboards is now available. Because
> i have problems with some special types of USB-keyboards, i want to test
> this basic support in an ipxe-image (undionly.kpxe) loaded over net.
>
> How can i build an keyboard-usb-enabled undionly.kpxe?
>
> If I see right, usb is enabled by building bin/ipxe.usb, but not in
> building bin/undionly.kpxe
>
> Is this right? What can I do? The target-NICs are Intel e1000-cards.

If you build any of the targets that pulls in the usb support, usb hid
(keyboard) support should automatically get included. Building e.g.
undi--ecm.kpxe or intel--ecm.usb should probably pull it in.

Just be aware that you probably need to two commits following the usb
keyboard support commit, as there were some unforeseen regressions.

-- Robin