[ipxe-devel] Error booting 32-bit kernel binary

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Fri Mar 13 22:52:16 UTC 2015

On 03/13/2015 03:46 PM, Christian Nilsson wrote:
> Efi, atleast current ipxe version, only supports the same bitness as the
> starting ipxe.efi.

Are you sure.  I'd swear I had it working a few months ago.

> Dont know if there has been any attempts to change this. As I understand
> its not as trivial as one might think.
> On the other hand why the need for 32bit kernel?

I use ipxe to boot my development kernels so I can compile them off on a
separate system.  It makes fixing a bug and booting in to a new kernel
really quick.

The CPU feature I'm working on supports 32-bit kernels/userspace, and
I'm trying to test it.  I don't actually need 32-bit stuff other than
for testing.