[ipxe-devel] unable to type/enter text in console/login after commitdiff "2a696ab963fe71296d9495caed1b748f6f7d8971" when "using" comboot support in src/general.h)...

Torgeir.Wulfsberg at kongsberg.com Torgeir.Wulfsberg at kongsberg.com
Wed Jul 29 18:02:07 UTC 2015

Hi!

I totally forgot about the most important thing.

Yeah, kvm (vm worked for me too). But a physical machine, that's where I encountered the problem.

Sorry about that.
Verified this at home with different hardware as well.

--Torgeir

> Den 29. juli 2015 kl. 15:26 skrev Michael Brown <mcb30 at ipxe.org>:
>
>> On 29/07/15 12:38, Torgeir.Wulfsberg at kongsberg.com wrote:
>> Reproducable with this (after downloading/unpacking latest version of ipxe):
>>
>> # add support for "comboot" by removing comments //
>>
>> vim config/general.h
>>
>> make bin/ipxe.pxe
>>
>> # move ipxe image file to tftpserver and boot
>>
>> # hit ctrl+b
>>
>> # cannot type in console
>
> I am unable to reproduce your problem by following these instructions. I have done:
>
> - enable IMAGE_COMBOOT in config/general.h
>
> - build bin/8086100e.mrom
>
> - start qemu using bin/8086100e.mrom as the PXE ROM
>
> I am still able to type in the console, as expected.
>
> Michael

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachment contain KONGSBERG information which may be proprietary, confidential or subject to export regulations, and is only meant for the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use is prohibited, if not otherwise explicitly agreed with KONGSBERG. If received in error, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender properly.