[ipxe-devel] chaining http script over VLAN is very slow

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 17:58:40 UTC 2015

Hi James,

Snponly uses the firmwares own driver, just like with UNDI it's not likely
that vlan works.
You will probably want to use the full ipxe.efi instead since it have
native drivers for many cards, but still with snp/nii fallback.
Without using the native drivers in ipxe, you are in the mearsy of the
manufacturers undi/snp/nii stack that is most likely not tested with any
kind of vlan.

Regards Christian