[ipxe-devel] Problem with SSL connections

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Fri Jan 30 20:02:10 UTC 2015

On 29.01.2015 20:41, James A. Peltier wrote:
> | I've been using iPXE for quite some time, however, lately I've had trouble
> | with SSL support compiled in.  When attempting to connect to my HTTPS server
> | I get the error
> |
> |   Connection Reset (http://ipxe.org/0f0a6039)

Do you see any other errors together with this one? I would've expected
something from the TLS/SSL parts of the code as well. You might get some
more results if you build with DEBUG=x509,validator,https. That should
tell you a bit more about what's going on.

> | Now looking at the code outlined in net/tcp.c#105{3,6} it would indicate that
> | the server connection failed and my question is why?  When connecting to the
> | server via a web browser or from the command line the file downloads just
> | fine.  Only with iPXE does the process fail.  I look at the HTTPS server and
> | the settings for SSL seem to be fine, the certificate is still valid, etc.
> | In fact, if I connect from the same machine that I'm trying to download the
> | file to using HTTPS outside of iPXE it works.  I'm really at a loss here so
> | any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
> |

> I should also note that this *was* working, up until recently and it just stopped working a few days ago.  No changes that I can see in the pipeline (that I'm aware of)

I know that the OCSP responder on ca.ipxe.org was down for some time
some days ago, and it might've been related to that, but that should be
fixed again now. Can you still reproduce?

-- Robin