[ipxe-devel] FTP connection with Wimboot

Marc Le Bailly marclebailly at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 09:56:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have download and setup the last sysLinux version 6.03 which include through the bootloader lpxelinux.0 the ability to use HTTP or FTP server to load data.
All the commands are an extract of my default file inside de pxelinux.cfg folder on my TFTP server.

I would like to use Wimboot in the same way as Memdisk :
LABEL windows_winvblock
LINUX memdisk
INITRD ftp://XXX.XXX.XX.XXX/tftp/images/winISO.iso
APPEND iso rawSo I use these lines to load my wim files through TFTP and it works but very slowly due to TFTP protocol:
label WinPE

com32 linux.c32 tftp/libs/wimboot

APPEND wimboot
initrdfile=/images/WinPE/bcd,/images/WinPE/boot.sdi,/images/WinPE/boot.wim

My question is : is it possible to use Wimboot through FTP connection like memdisk?

I tried this but it simply doesn't work :
label WinPE

com32 linux.c32 tftp/libs/wimboot

APPEND wimboot
initrd ftp://XXX.XXX.XX.XXX/tftp/images/WinPE/bcd
initrd ftp://XXX.XXX.XX.XXX/tftp/images/WinPE/boot.sdi
initrd ftp://XXX.XXX.XX.XXX/tftp/images/WinPE/boot.wim
I tried with initrdfile = ftp://... and it doesn't work either.

I don't know what is wrong in my command line menu. Do you know the right command to use to load files with FTP protocol ?

Best regards,

Marc Le Bailly.