[ipxe-devel] Build requirements for UEFI (snponly.efi) with sanboot via HTTP support?

Capriccio, Peter peter.capriccio at hpe.com
Wed Dec 30 19:06:25 UTC 2015

I'm trying to build a UEFI (snponly.efi) iPXE version with support for sanboot via HTTP, but I can't seem to come up with the correct build options. I've added to config/general.h:

  #define SANBOOT_PROTO_HTTP

but when I try the resulting build, I always get this error:

  iPXE 1.0.0+ -- Open Source Network Boot Firmware -- http://ipxe.org
  Features HTTP TFTP EFI Menu
  Configuring (net0 3c:a8:2a:fc:da:98)...... ok
  iPXE> sanboot http://x.x.x.x/foo.iso
  Could not open SAN device: Error 0x3f142083 (http://ipxe.org/3f142083)

The link to that error states:

  Error: Operation not supported on socket
  (Error code 3f1420)

I'm building from
https://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commit/91dd5524b762e2438cc6a949dd1440ee0998f5ef
using:

  # make clean
  # make bin-x86_64-efi/snponly.efi EMBED=/root/foo.ipxe

where "foo.ipxe" contains:

  #!ipxe
  dhcp
  shell