[ipxe-devel] SMSC Lan9512/lan9514 USB 2.0 10/100 Not working

Carlo Charles Carlo.Charles at CrossMatch.com
Wed Dec 30 15:29:33 UTC 2015

Mchael,

Thank you once again for the quick response. Anyway, where do I request the driver be included?

Thanks,

Carlo Charles  CCNA, A+, MCP, MCTS, MCITP
Manager, Integration

T    +1 561 624 9844
carlo.charles at crossmatch.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Brown [mailto:mcb30 at ipxe.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 10:05 AM
To: Carlo Charles <Carlo.Charles at CrossMatch.com>; Christian Nilsson <nikize at gmail.com>
Cc: ipxe-devel at lists.ipxe.org
Subject: Re: [ipxe-devel] SMSC Lan9512/lan9514 USB 2.0 10/100 Not working

On 30/12/15 14:49, Carlo Charles wrote:
> Here is a screenshot of what I see when I boot with iPXE.

Thank you.  You are using the latest version of iPXE, but you are using a build that does not include the SMSC95xx driver.  The boot attempt that you see is for an unrelated AR9485 wireless NIC.

The USB NIC drivers are not yet included in the default driver list, since we are still experiencing occasional issues relating to other USB devices (keyboards, storage, etc).

You will need to explicitly request that the SMSC95xx driver is included.  You can do this using

   make bin/smsc95xx.iso  # for only the SMSC95xx driver)

or

   make bin/ipxe--smsc95xx.iso  # for all the default drivers plus the SMSC95xx driver)

Michael

This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential, proprietary, inside and/or legally privileged information. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then permanently delete it from your system.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Cross Match Technologies, Inc., DigitalPersona and the DigitalPersona logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cross Match Technologies, Inc and DigitalPersona, Inc. in the United States and other countries.