[ipxe-devel] [howto] chainload wimboot

Andreas Hammarskjöld junior at 2PintSoftware.com
Wed Dec 16 13:32:40 UTC 2015

Use ipxe + peerdist option (BranchCache) + wimboot?

//Andreas

From: ipxe-devel-bounces at lists.ipxe.org [mailto:ipxe-devel-bounces at lists.ipxe.org] On Behalf Of bowser-daniel at web.de
Sent: den 11 december 2015 14:18
To: ipxe-devel at lists.ipxe.org
Subject: Re: [ipxe-devel] [howto] chainload wimboot

Hi Robin,

currently I'm working on a workflow to automatically detect PXE attacks in an network. Therefore I was writing my own Bootloader which manages to notice this kind of attacks and does some more things. After the bootloader did his job I have to start a WINPE. The reason i have to use wimboot ist that the normal tftp download ist to slow for bigger scaling networks. Lets say i want to start 20000 WINPE at the same time I will get a big problem if i would use TFTP. So i want to use wimboot because its http download has a better performance.
It would also help me if you know if i could use ipxe to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help
Daniel