[ipxe-devel] Error 410de18f

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Sat Aug 1 13:23:51 UTC 2015

On 01.08.2015 06:46, Beima, Charlie wrote:
> I have iPXE working using “chain https://boot.ipxe.org/demo/boot.php”,
> but when I try it on my site I get the following:
>
> iPXE> chain https://economics.indiana.edu/boot
>
> https://economics.indiana.edu/boot... Operation not permitted
> (http://ipxe.org/410de18f)
>
> iPXE>
>
> The http://ipxe.org/err/410de1 error seems to indicate a TLS problem.
> I’m using https://rom-o-matic.eu/ to build a x64 EFI image with HTTPS
> added. The site uses a wildcard certificate. I would troubleshoot it
> more but I can’t figure out how to enable debugging to the console.

If I'm not mistaken, HTTPS still doesn't work under UEFI, because of a
missing entropy source. Try it in legacy BIOS mode and see if it works.
Everything seems okay, except for the fact that your iPXE script is
missing the second parameter to each of the initrd lines.

It should be like this:

#!ipxe
cpuid --ext 29 && set arch x64 || set arch x86
kernel wimboot
initrd ${arch}/Boot/BCD        BCD
initrd ${arch}/Boot/boot.sdi   boot.sdi
initrd LiteTouchPE_${arch}.wim boot.wim