[ipxe-devel] Add nslookup to iPXE

Marin, Jose (AS) Jose.Marin at ngc.com
Thu Sep 25 10:51:25 UTC 2014

I hope someone out there can help me with this problem I'm having.  I'm relatively new to iPXE and have not made any changes to it.  It's been working great but I need to be able to execute nslookup from the iPXE shell and from my iPXE script.

I uncommented the #define NSLOOKUP_CMD line from config/general.h
Rebuilt iPXE
Flashed it on my board
And rebooted

iPXE can run the contents of my script but when I run the shell command from my script so that I can access an interactive shell it hangs. I lost the interactive shell I has using earlier to try different things before I commit them to my script.

Any ideas why my shell could be hanging?

Thanks!

José Marín
jose.marin at ngc.com<mailto:jose.marin at ngc.com>