[ipxe-devel] Booting Custom images (iso) with snponly.efi

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 10:16:52 UTC 2014

https://git.ipxe.org/people/mcb30/ipxe.git/shortlog/refs/heads/snponly).

> I understand that there is not much support for anything else than efi
libraries but is it somehow possible to boot custom bzimage (iso) files
using snponly.efi or ipxe.efi ?

> This is how I'm booting the image files at the moment:
>
> :MY_IMAGE
> initrd http://${server}/images/MY_IMAGE.iso
> chain http://${server}/memdisk iso raw || goto failed
> goto start

Syslinux MEMDISK is BIOS-only and is loaded/executed like a BIOS Linux
kernel in bzImage format though I can't recall the boot protocol version.

--Gene