[ipxe-devel] Boot in IPv6

Oliver Rath oliver at greenunit.de
Tue Sep 9 09:09:49 UTC 2014

Hi Wissam,

as written in http://www.ipxe.org/cmd/ifconf e.a. you should include a
script into you binary i.e. in this way:

#!ipxe
# get an IPv6 address for first interface:
ifconf --configurator ipv6 net0
# now include boot-sequenz i.e. for linux:
kernel http://myinternalwebserver.lan/vmlinuz
initrd http://myinternalwebserver.lan/initrd.img
imgargs my_importantarguments_for_boot=thisarg
boot

So ipxe should download the files via ipv6 and boot.

Hth
Oliver

Am 09.09.2014 um 10:50 schrieb Wissam Shoukair:
> Thanks Oliver.
> I flashed my ipxe-binary, compiled with the build option NET_PROTO_IPV6.
> What do I need to do now, in order to get the ipxe to boot (or even get an IP) over IPv6 protocol?

GreenUnit.UG
Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1
D - 80992 München
Tel.: +49 89 8905729-15