[ipxe-devel] problem realtek RTL8168/8111 PCIe GBE Family controller

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 10:19:54 UTC 2014

On Oct 23, 2014 4:15 AM, "Arkoth" <arkoth.stockage at gmail.com> wrote:

> I build iPXE with DEBUG:realtek
>>>
>>> make EMBED=boot.ipxe DEBUG=realtek bin/ipxe.kkpxe
>

> This is what I see on my screen on iPXE :
> http://pastebin.com/ptxRjyS7
>
> we see that on the beginning it is link at 1000Mbps and on the end it is
link at 10Mbps

In my opinion, it sounds physical or it's in how iPXE may treat the NIC
differently than your real OS.

VMware is a company that makes many products.  Is your other test with
VMware Player, Workstation or ESXi?  Is this other test using this same PC
without moving the PC or network cabling?

--Gene

> and I don't understand "REALTEK 0xc9b5c appears to be an RTL8169" ... my
controller is a realtek RTL8168/8111 PCIe GBE Family controller

> Can you help me please ?

>> Ok, I understand your answer...
>>
>> But I try to know why my system is so slow ...
>>
>> If I use vmware to boot ipxe... my winpe / wimboot can boot in few
seconds...
>> But if I use it on my motherboard direcly with my realtek RTL8168/8111
PCIe GBE Family controller ... it boot in 7-8 minutes...

>> my script:
>>>
>>>   kernel wimboot
>>>   initrd livecd/winpe3/BOOT/BCD                       BCD
>>>   initrd livecd/winpe3/BOOT/BOOT.SDI                  BOOT.SDI
>>>   initrd -n boot.wim ${boot-url}/PXE/livecd/winpe3/SOURCES/BOOT.WIM
BOOT.WIM