[ipxe-devel] Small patch to Makefile.housekeeping

Rohan Sehgal rohan.sehgal.su at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 11:34:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have been re-purposing the ipxe code to work with other EFI boot managers
without netboot support. In pursuit of that I needed a way to change the
default entry point of the efi binary, this allows anyone to create a small
"wrapper" that calls only the functionality needed by the frontend (say the
ability to discover, rather than boot).

Old:
TGT_LD_ENTRY    = _$(TGT_PREFIX)_start

New:
ifndef TGT_LD_ENTRY
TGT_LD_ENTRY    = _$(TGT_PREFIX)_start
endif

Is it possible for me to submit a change that allows me to override the
entry point using an ifndef? It would be great if this could go upstream.
Thank you.

Regards
Rohan