[ipxe-devel] ipxe config issue or elilo config issue

Peter CZ Peng pengcz at cn.ibm.com
Sat Mar 29 02:14:06 UTC 2014

Hi , Dear IPXE developer

	I have the config issue for load the root img from IPXE ,can you help
me to take a look at my questions

my network infrastructure is as following

linux server with dhcp /tftp/http-----ethernet switch ------------test
machine

the work flow is :

UEFI BIOS use the ipxe to download the elilo.efi ,then elilo.efi check for
the cocnfig file to ,execute the config file and start to boot the system

this is a special elilo.efi ,it will chekc the EFILINUX.CONF

[l2plclient at telinuxmtsnbk ~]$ cat  /data/14-03-12/791206YY.EK5/EFILINUX.CFG
TIMEOUT 80000

LABEL SHELL
        KERNEL pxe/shell.efi

LABEL LOCAL
        LOCALBOOT 0

LABEL LNXBOOT
        KERNEL product/common/ramdisk/rh64vmlinuz
        APPEND initrd=product/common/ramdisk/rh64_02042014_initrd
imgurl=ftp:product/common/ramdisk/rh64rootimg_02262014.gz panic=20
rdblacklist=nouveau nomodeset EFI

DEFAULT LNXBOOT
[l2plclient at telinuxmtsnbk ~]$

above config is ok and boot the system successfully

when I want to translate the booting process to support the legacy PXE
machine ,it failed as following ,I am not sure if ipxe can directly to
support the rootimg as above example or not ,
and also ,I do think that is the elilo or ipxe config issue ,can you help
to pay some time to check with it ,thank

I put the elilo.conf file under the tftp root directory and http root
directory ,but still not work

[root at desktop8 ~]# cat /var/lib/tftpboot/elilo.conf
TIMEOUT 80000

LABEL SHELL
        KERNEL pxe/shell.efi

LABEL LOCAL