[ipxe-devel] no DHCP on reboot with realtek (pics appended)

Oliver Rath rath at mglug.de
Tue Mar 4 17:14:31 UTC 2014

Hi Michael

Am 04.03.2014 17:43, schrieb Michael Brown:
> On 04/03/14 08:53, Oliver Rath wrote:
>> i appended the pics (in ubuntu cloud) of the unsuccessfull reboot with
>> realtek hardware after reboot. What can I do for solving this?
>
> The screenshots show a PHY status of 0x8a, which is 100Mbps
> half-duplex.  This seems unlikely.  What does your switch think the
> link has been negotiated as?

This seems to be a 100mbit switch (router), so this should be ok for the
moment.

The much bigger problem is, that the dhcp fail after warm reboot
(ctrl+alt+del). If I unplug all power and replug, the first boot of ipxe
(from usb) works fine and gets an ip-address.

It looks like some residuals in NIC firmware from ipxe which arent cleaned.

Hth
Oliver