[ipxe-devel] pxe - ipxe compatibility issue

Daniel Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Sat Jun 21 11:37:37 UTC 2014

On Jun 21, 2014, at 1:38 PM, Michael Brown <mcb30 at ipxe.org> wrote:

> On 21/06/14 09:18, Daniel Braniss wrote:
>> the error I get is:
>> 	ipxe.org/063760
>
> That error indicates that the packet could not be sent immediately because the destination has not yet been resolved via ARP.  As long as you keep polling (via PXENV_UDP_READ), the packet will get transmitted as soon as the ARP reply arrives.

it tries for over 2 minutes with no response since the write fails.

no arp request is going out!, I’m sniffing the net. just a reminder, the link is good, undionly gets loaded via tftp,
the ipxe script as well, dhcp request/acks too.

>> since this host has 2 NICS, one onboard - realtek, and one PCI Intel - and this is the one I using,
>> I decided to try the onboard, and in this case undionly hangs! even if I remove the intel card.
>>
>> the real problem is on a SBC from PCEngines that has 3 realteks on board and have the same problem.
>
> That sounds like a totally unrelated problem.
same here, it was a wild guess, that maybe it was trying that interface. it’s now disabled by the bios.