[ipxe-devel] Info about building image

Massimiliano De Robertis maderox at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:24:51 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'm trying to install a local ipxe system by downloading git package.
I' m able to compile it with make & make bin/NIC and access it through web server.

The problem is that when I try to get the image I obtain this log :

  [BUILD] bin/config_romprefix.o
  [BUILD] bin/config_route.o
  [BUILD] bin/video_subr.o
  [BUILD] bin/bios_console.o
  [BUILD] bin/bios_smbios.o
  [BUILD] bin/vesafb.o
  [BUILD] bin/comboot_call.o
  [BUILD] bin/vmconsole.o
  [BUILD] bin/debugcon.o
  [BUILD] bin/mromprefix.o
arch/i386/prefix/romprefix.S: Assembler messages:
arch/i386/prefix/romprefix.S:803: Error: undefined symbol `ROM_BANNER_TIMEOUT' in operation
make: *** [bin/mromprefix.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/MDCROMx3ZR0n'

Do you have an idea of what could be wrong ?

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Best Regards,
Massimiliano