[ipxe-devel] fail to load pxelinux.0 5.02 and up

Wissam Shoukair wissams at mellanox.com
Sun Jun 15 08:22:51 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am having trouble in loading pxelinux.0 (SYSLINUX) versions 5.02 and up on certain machines. When using version 5.02 and up this flow happens:
1.            My PXE driver loads and the links are up
2.            The interface gets an IP address from the DHCP server, and it gets the filename to download from the same server (which is pxelinux.0)
3.            The PXE client downloads pxelinux.0 file.
4.            When it starts to load the system crashes and reboots.

I suspect that the addresses of the PXE API are not correct or corrupted somehow.
When I call this function "core_farcall()" in file core/call16.c (SYSLINUX), the system crashes...

Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Thanks,
Wissam Shoukair