[ipxe-devel] HTTP POST with chain always GET's

Kristian Van Der Vliet kvandervliet at dyn.com
Fri Jun 6 15:42:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Kristian Van Der Vliet <
kvandervliet at dyn.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Michael Brown <mcb30 at ipxe.org> wrote:
>
>> On 05/06/14 16:52, Kristian Van Der Vliet wrote:
>>
>>>     Could you try using wireshark to observe what actually goes over the
>>>     wire?  I suspect the problem may be on your server side.
>>>
>>> Sure. Wireshark shows a GET:
>>> https://www.cloudshark.org/captures/b1088305ff3f
>>>

>> Thanks.  Could you try building with DEBUG=httpcore and post the output
>> from that?
>

> Indeed I can:

Sorry, it might help if I used the configuration that actually performs a
POST. Ignore that last output. I've figured it out now and the POST
endpoint is called as I would expect. This bothered me, so I retraced my
steps.

It seems that during debugging an original issue I've dropped into the iPXE
CLI and was using that; however what I *didn't* expect was that "params"
becomes un-set after use, because I missed the note right at the end of the
"params" command. If you pass an empty parameters list to an HTTP command
it will silently perform a GET rather than POST which further compounded my
confusion.

--

[image: Dyn logo, Dyn.com] <http://dyn.com/>
<http://twitter.com/dyn>    <http://twitter.com/dyninc>[image: Dyn facebook

Kristian Van Der Vliet  / System Engineer, DevTools
 +44 7983 258 707