[ipxe-devel] [Etherboot-discuss] Error while generating rom image from rom-o-matic.net

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 12:46:10 UTC 2014

On 01/07/14 13:06, Vinod Nadiadwala wrote:
> thank you for the reply, but i am using other pc's in networking having
> etherboot cards, and i am booting clients using thinstation .nbi image,
> now i want to add more pc's which is having onboard lan, i am want burn
> flash and replace .pxe boot loader in bios with the etherboot for vendor
> id : 0x10ec, 0x8168
>
> Please guide what can be done in this case.
>
> Note: I have downloaded etherboot images from rom-o-matic.net
> <http://rom-o-matic.net> around 1 month before without any error, but i
> have lost the image from my hdd, please fix error on the etherboot site
> if possible as i don't have experience with gpxe and ipxe etc..

You could downgrade your entire system to a seven-year-old distro; you
would probably then be able to compile the seven-year-old code.

If you build iPXE with NBI support enabled (which is off by default),
then you should be able to boot your existing thinstation images.  Other
people may be prepared to help you use obsolete code; I'm afraid my only
advice is going to be to use the existing code in which the problems you
are experiencing have already been fixed.