[ipxe-devel] USB driver framework

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Wed Feb 26 10:18:46 UTC 2014

On 24.02.2014 22:04, Ian Bannerman wrote:
> I've seen some discussions about adding a USB stack to iPXE to enable
> the use of USB ethernet adapters, but they were all from a year or so
> back. Has any work been done around this?

No, unfortunately. If you have the skills to do this, it would be a very
much requested feature. Just be aware that iPXE is written in a totally
async/non-blocking way, so it is a bit different to work with.

You might be able to understand more about the architecture by looking
at the information at http://dox.ipxe.org/.

I would also suggest an RFC phase before you start doing major work,
just to make sure you're on the right track.

-- Robin