[ipxe-devel] ipv6 slaac and other qeustion

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Mon Feb 24 10:30:22 UTC 2014

Hello. I'm very newbie with ipxe. But i'm already happy with it.
Now i have some theoretical questions:
1) Does ipxe support ipv6 slaac address assigning when it boots?
2) What is the best way - i need to boot some servers that automatic
get ipv6 address via slacc, download from some server initrd and
kernel, after that os publish it hostname and ip via mdns. Does it
possible with ipxe (i'm understand that i need avahi and other tools
in os, i'm interesting only ipv6 slaac)
3) I have intel cards that does not support ipv6, but i can reflash it
to ipxe. What is the best - hardcode boot script into firmware or
hardcode only some ip address to get another step from?
4) Does ipxe support mdns to resolve names?

Thanks!

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru