[ipxe-devel] iPXE does not honor DHCP option 26

Kosta Velikov kosta.velikov at altscale.com
Wed Aug 27 06:12:24 UTC 2014

Hello there,

I am happy user of iPXE. It has helped me many times. I have been using
it for more than 3 years.

Only yesterday I found that it does not take into account the DHCP
option 26 - MTU size. I tried to use it on a server that resides in a
network connected via ipsec tunnel (tried with other means of VPN too)
to the DHCP/TFTP server. VPN has some overhead, and it requires MTU of
1470 or less. This is configured in the DHCP server as option 26, and
the Ubuntu servers honor it, but iPXE does not take it into account.

Please add this functionality for the next release :)

Thank you.
Kosta Velikov.